the date i embedded in the HTML was August 13, 1996 – it’s quite possibly the last edit of this design before i redid everything in 1997. open it up in a new window and play around (just the single page).
interesting technical notes:
- it scales to the browser width
- table-based layout (be kind – this was 1996)
- the “foreground” texture could be changed at any time, the cutout graphics are transparent gifs
- i created the navigation graphics all by hand in photoshop, including the bevels and drop shadows (no filters yet)
- the foreground textures i used were by permission of the artist, which i asked for specifically.
- the water texture in the background i made with Kai’s Power Tools
- the MIT the-tech “Made with Macintosh” page is still there! heh.
(oh, and there may be a hilariously embarassing easter egg showing what i looked like in 1996, along with some egotistical blather. fun!)